Senior System Safety Engineer
at AACE, South West
Location: South West
Salary: Neg, DOE
Job Type: Permanent
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
As a Senior Systems Safety Engineer (SSE), you will be required to support customers by providing consultancy services principally covering the safety management of complex systems.
The Senior SSE is responsible for:
- Maintaining professional currency in safety management issues through continual professional development, identification of development gaps, and undertaking appropriate training and other development opportunities.
- Undertaking all Company activity in accordance with the Company Quality Management System (QMS).
- Using systems safety knowledge and experience together with domain knowledge to lead or provide support to:
– Business development within the Safety, Airworthiness and Compliance capability area.
– Bid writing – proposal writing, producing draft safety management plans, etc.
– Delivery of output-based contracts – including, but not limited to:
– Providing general consultancy advice.
– Producing or reviewing Safety Management Policies, Plans and related artefacts.
– Facilitating hazard ID and analysis workshops involving Suitably Qualified and Experienced People (SQEP) using appropriate techniques, eg – HAZOP, SWIFT, FMECA, etc.
– Producing hazard logs in various forms including eCassandra.
– Constructing safety cases using appropriate tools, including Adelard ASCE in GSN and CAE formats.
– Produce Safety and Environmental Case (or Assessment) Reports.
– Using Bowtie risk management methodology to illustrate the cause-hazard-accident chain with controls and barriers (using Bowtie XP or similar tools as required).
– Supporting production of system loss models using appropriate tools and techniques.
– Organize, chair and / or provide support to safety management meetings – including production of agendas, minutes, etc.
- Fill temporary-contract (workforce substitution) roles in line with individual competence and experience.
- Provide specialist advice to Company management and staff.
- Deliver the task or project to agreed time, cost and quality targets.
- Identifying and reporting operational and business risks and issues associated with delivery of contract outputs.
- Leading multi-disciplined teams of employees and associates to deliver contracted outputs, when required.
- Briefing the Operations Manager and/or Director on contract performance.
- Undertaking other activities at the direction of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) in support of business objectives.
- The Senior SSE is expected to:
a. Prioritise and manage their own workload.
b. Work flexibly based on the work requirements.
c. Maintain and advance the good standing and reputation of the AACE group.