at Department for Transport , London
Salary: Daily Rate: £550-590 via Umbrella
Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Architect
Duration: 3 months initially
Daily Rate: £550-590 via Umbrella
Security Clearance: SC
IR35 IN/OUT Scope: IN Scope
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
Act as the technical authority in prospective, information gathering and scene setting meetings, evaluate technical proposals from external suppliers, and make implementation recommendations to internal senior stakeholders including raising risk to the business and highlighting best practice; Identify key requirements for integration with internal and external systems;
- Supporting the assurance on external procurement and development
We are looking for a digital architect with an enterprise outlook to support the architecture team with assuring our externally commissioned developments.
- As an organisation, we can have 5-10 procurements and developments being delivered by external agencies at any one time.
- Each development should follow the organisation’s architectural principles and standards on building secure, flexible technologies in the cloud. Many of the developments are data related with data processing and analytics at their core.
- The requirement is for a person to support the business through these procurements ensuring that technical requirements reflect our technology roadmap and standards.
- The role continues through the lifecycle of the development including supporting the initial designs by advising external agencies on how their designs can better fit with our architectural standards and principles.
- The role will also require understanding and be able to articulate the National Cyber Security Centre guidance on security and the Government Digital Service guidance on development.
- The role will also help the team collate guidance for external agencies on what our architectural expectations are and provide clarity on our needs.
We are looking for a technical, digital or application architect with:
Experience in working within an agile project framework, delivering advice and guidance on design and development.
Experience in taking new services, developments or products through a technical design authority or similar architectural governance process.
In-depth understanding of technical and other architectural design principles and standards and ability to explain and translate these to project managers and business owners.
Familiarity with Government Digital Services assessments, the gateways between each stage of development and the expectations on how technical and application architecture should be delivered.
Background in software development or data engineering and understands a software development lifecycle and data processes and how standards and patterns work.
Experience in quality assuring projects from a technical and architectural perspective, in particular assuring proposed designs against existing and industry architectural principles and standards. Experience of doing this with both in-house projects and supplier-led projects.