Business Analyst (DF090903)
at National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), North West
Location: North West
Salary: Daily Rate: Up to £500 Ltd
Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Business Analyst
CV Submission Deadline: Friday 20 September 2019 @ 12.00
Location: North West
Duration: 5-6 months
Daily Rate: Up to £500 Ltd
Security Clearance: SC
IR35 IN/OUT Scope: Out of Scope
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
Digital Services is a team of c. 60 digital professionals that design, develop and maintain NICE’s portfolio of digital services including the NICE website, Pathways and NICE Evidence Services.
The specialist will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team within digital services and will work closely with other teams within NICE as part of the process analysis activity.
- Produce a suite of models detailing as-is business processes and interdependencies.
- Link process models to data flows and data models.
- Support the development of a process architecture.
- Identify and document as-is process pain points and opportunities for efficiencies and cost saving.
- Capture processes measures and identify instances where measures are lacking.
- Where applicable conduct time and motion, value-stream mapping or other appropriate exercises.
- Transfer knowledge to in-house business analysts.
- Identify resources and measurement units for use in running process model simulations using software.
- Report and present findings to senior stakeholders.
Experience of observing users to map as-is activities and processes including linked relationships.
Experience of identifying where and how processes/activities can be transformed and/or automated to create business efficiencies such as saving cost and increasing productivity.
Experience of identifying bottlenecks, delays, manual overhead and the root causes of why activities/processes are not as efficient and lean as they could be.
Experience of considering the ‘big picture’ across multiple processes and activities and identifying what can be standardised, consolidated, removed etc.
Experience of conducting baseline process measurements such as time and motion studies, value-stream mapping and/or other relevant approaches.
Experience conducting process analysis using the BPMN 2.0 modelling standard
Ability to communicate and build rapport with staff at all levels.
Ability to model processes to visually articulate tasks and activities.
Ability to use a value/outcomes-based focus in their work.
Ability to listen and paraphrase or summarise stakeholder views.
Ability to think critically and identify assumptions and ask challenging questions with an unbiased approach.
Ability to use and apply industry standard process modelling software appropriately.
Collaborative working, sharing knowledge with NICE
Transparent and shared decision-making
Proactive approach to problem sharing
Learning culture, adopting lessons learned throughout the project