Commercial Officer (A2ZD17171)
at Home Office, Outer London
Location: Outer London
Salary: Daily Rate: Up to £375 via Umbrella
Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Commercial Officer
CV Submission Deadline: Weds 04 Sept @ 12.00
Location: Southern House, Croydon
Duration: until 5 June 2020
Daily Rate: Up to £375 via Umbrella
Security Clearance: CTC
IR35 IN/OUT Scope: In Scope
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
The role will play a critical role in supporting a small commercial team which sits within a larger programme team.
The role will be responsible for supporting the procurement of a high quality contract that delivers value for money in compliance with EU law and best commercial and procurement practice.
Detailed deliverables for the engagement:
- Provide administrative support by organising bidder negotiation meetings and assisting during those meetings by facilitating and taking minutes.
- Administering the procurement stages of the project through the Crown Commercial Service eSourcing portal. This includes developing new procurement events on the portal, managing the bidder and evaluator clarification processes, supporting evaluators and managing the flow of communication with bidders.
- Supporting the procurement workstream to set, monitor and deliver procurement activities in accordance with set timescales and identifying areas of slippage and proposed solutions
- Providing input into evaluation reports using data extracted from the eSourcing portal.
- Supporting the procurement team to develop procurement documentation ensuring contracts are competitively tendered and comply with EU procurement law and other government policies and legislation.
- Experience of working to support the delivery of procurement projects.
- Experienced note take / minute writer – to record accurately the key aspects of matters discussed and agreed during meetings with suppliers.
- Experience and a good working knowledge of using electronic sourcing systems.
- Experience of supplier meetings / negotiations
- Have a good working knowledge of electronic sourcing tools, with experience of managing electronic processes that support procurement activities.
- Have relevant experience working in a commercial and procurement organisation, having led or supported procurement activities in the past.
- Have experience of applying EU procurement law and relevant UK legislation in undertaking procurement activities.
- Have experience of supporting procurement workstreams to ensure on-time delivery of procurement milestones.
- Have good organisational skills and be an experienced minute taker.
Preferably have experience of supplier negotiations