Commercial Officer (A2ZD21736)
at MOD, South West
Location: South West
Salary: Daily Rate: Up to £300 via umbrella
Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Commercial Officer
CV Submission Deadline: 20th March 3pm
Duration: 3 months
Daily Rate: Up to £300 via umbrella
Security Clearance: SC
IR35 IN/OUT Scope: In Scope
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
Working within a commercial team to deliver programme objectives; Supporting colleagues to achieve targets in relevant timescales; Developing successful working relationships with external suppliers. Contributing to procurement and contract strategies; Compiling and issuing tenders; Administering contract amendments; Providing commercial advice and guidance to the wider business; Ensuring all procurement activities are within budget; Ensuring all activity undertaken is in line with government regulations and best practice.
Income Generation is a fast growing area for the Army. The Land Warfare Centre (LWCs) Income Generation Team is developing the key strategy and providing essential support to the various LWC Op Groups to grow their income. This is an interesting and exciting role that will help to provide a new approach to IG across LWC.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The post holder will:
- Assist the IG lead in the development and implementation of the IG strategy for LWC
- Provide excellent stakeholder management to the 6 LWC Op Gps
- Work closely with the Op Gps and Requirements Manager to clearly identify requirements for IG opportunities
- Work closely with our Commercial and Finance colleagues to achieve effective contracts – this will include setting prices and negotiating terms and conditions
- Assist the Op Gps in identifying and creating good practice, and the development of relevant key tools (e.g. brochures, events management).
- Assist the IG lead in the production of business cases • Help to create IG opportunity viability assessment tools
- Work closely with other Progs Group projects and staff to maximise IG across LWC
- Support Op Gps to market IG opportunities
- Create and deliver key communication tools such as an IG intranet/knowledge sharing page
- Track and report benefits and help to create ‘soft’ benefit measurement systems
- Develop and maintain key documents such as risk registers, action trackers and LFE logs
Strong stakeholder engagement and management experience.
Experience in the creation of business cases and requirements documents.
Concise and clear writing
Briefing and presentation abilities