Contract Manager (A2ZD17654)
at MOD, Scotland
Salary: Daily Rate: Up to £500.00 via Umbrella
Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Contract Manager
CV Submission Deadline: Friday 13th Sept @ 12.00
Duration: Until 04/01/2020
Daily Rate: Up to £500.00 via Umbrella
Security Clearance: SC
IR35 IN/OUT Scope: IN Scope
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
Supporting DIO teams to create innovative procurement and commercial strategies that will deliver value for money on Infrastructure programmes and projects.
- Building trusted relationships with new and incumbent suppliers such that a “trust with consequences” approach to contract management can be operated.
- Monitoring and managing performance of suppliers against contract performance indicators.
- Supporting implementation of contract transition and mobilisation activities
- Shaping and leading commercial negotiations with both new and incumbent suppliers through to a pre-defined acceptable conclusion.
- Giving strategic advice and support to contracts in procurement, contract exits and during contract reviews.
- Resolving high-value commercial and legal disputes with suppliers.
- Development of current and future commercial resource, including self, into an agile and appropriately skilled workforce.
- Identifying and delivering improvements to existing contractual arrangements and informing on lessons learnt for new procurements
- Planning work around a published Forward Work Plan, alongside allocated funding and resource
Designing, shaping and agreeing commercial strategies from a lead role in a complex organisation. Negotiation skills, leadership, strong capabilities in building trusted relationships.