Data Analyst (DF090902)
at National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), North West
Location: North West
Salary: Daily Rate: Up to £400 Ltd
Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Data Engineer
CV Submission Deadline: Friday 20 September @ 12.00
Location: North West England
Duration: 5-6 months
Daily Rate: Up to £400 Ltd
Security Clearance: SC
IR35 IN/OUT Scope: Out of Scope
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
Digital Services is a team of c. 60 digital professionals that design, develop and maintain NICE’s portfolio of digital services including the NICE website, Pathways and NICE Evidence Services.
The specialist will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team within digital services and will work closely with other teams within NICE as part of the data analysis activity.
The supplier will provide high quality data analysis by analysing and documenting existing solutions for capturing and managing a range of different types of data and information in order to perform further analysis to identify opportunities for improvements of data management and operational efficiencies.
- Document physical data models detailing as-is data management.
- Assess data quality within each source and across all sources of the same type of data.
- Analyse and document data governance and data lifecycle and link to existing manuals and SOPs.
- Prioritise risks, issues and opportunities associated with current data management.
- Develop proposals for improvement and continuous measurement of data quality.
- Develop a proposed process for the ongoing management of delivered data models and supporting artefacts.
- Produce and present a report that synthesises findings from data analysis and areas with scope for data management improvement.
Experience of reverse-engineering existing data sources and developing corresponding physical and logical data models.
Experience of assessing data quality within and across existing data sources.
Experience of identifying where and how data management can be improved.
Experience of collaborating with stakeholders at all levels to identify strategic goals and outcomes.
Experience of engaging with stakeholders and facilitating stakeholder workshops as required to inform the development and review of as-is physical data models.
Ability to communicate and build rapport with staff at all levels.
Ability to facilitate stakeholder workshops / data modelling sessions.
Ability to reverse-engineer existing data sources and develop corresponding physical and logical data models.
Ability to assess and assure data quality.
Ability to apply data modelling, data cleansing and data enrichment approaches.
Ability to use a value/outcomes-based focus in their work.
Ability to listen and paraphrase or summarise stakeholder views.
Ability to think critically and identify assumptions and ask challenging questions with an unbiased approach.
Ability to use and apply industry standard data modelling software appropriately.
Collaborative working, sharing knowledge with NICE
Transparent and shared decision-making
Proactive approach to problem sharing
Learning culture, adopting lessons learned throughout the project