Digital Business Analyst Senior (A2ZD21176)
at MoJ, North
Salary: Daily Rate: Up to £500 via Umbrella
Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst
CV Submission Deadline: 04/02 @15:00
Duration: 6 Months
Daily Rate: Up to £500 via Umbrella
Security Clearance: SC
IR35 IN/OUT Scope: In Scope
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
We’re looking for talented and tenacious Senior Business Analysts to join our digital teams in Sheffield to take the lead in creating world-class services in the justice system.
– make sure outcomes are aligned with service vision and business strategy by contributing to the link between current and future business models and delivering to the business architecture
– challenge constructively and act as a critical friend to achieve solutions that are fit for purpose
– collaborate and lead effective communication with all stakeholders to support design, build and delivery to meet the user need
– a senior business analyst has a good understanding of the enterprise arena and can work across multiple services. They contribute to their community of practice and development of best practice.
– Define success metrics and mechanisms for monitoring data through the life cycles of service
– Work with business stakeholders to understand their needs, processes, and constraints in order to facilitate effective and efficient business process change
– Ensure current and future business processes and policy objectives are documented, understood and addressed appropriately by product teams
– Contribute to the definition of precise problems for investigation
– Collaborate with service teams to formulate hypotheses to test in service design phases.
– Calculate costs for full service design and development phases
– Work with product managers to write and prioritise user stories
– Work with user researchers, service designers and technical architects to develop maps of relevant problem spaces
– Take ownership of reviewing the fit of services into existing business context and the identification of business changes required to support the services
– Contribute to the production and continued refinement of business cases through the life cycles of products and services ensuring the incorporation of proportionately robust and good quality evidence
– Assess the attractiveness and achievability of potential product iterations, and compare the case for doing further work against doing something completely different
– Contribute to the wider Business Analyst community
– In-depth understanding and extensive experience of applying Agile practices and business analysis principles and tools
– Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
– Proactive and consistently improving based on business analysis best practice
– Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
– Experience of working with product managers, user researchers, service designers and developers on government service development teams
– Expert at gathering evidence and information from a range of sources using industry standard and bespoke methods
– Extensive experience of gathering and analysing data relating to the costs and benefits of a variety of services
– Experience in mapping dataflows and documenting role based access and permission groups
– Ability to identify and analyse problems and issues that may affect the successful adoption of digital services
– Ability to identify and contribute to the management of risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies across service areas
– Ability to communicate findings and outputs in digestible formats for a range of stakeholders
– Ability to work alongside Business Analysts in other teams on cross project dependencies and deliverables.
– Ability to define non-functional requirements (security/performance/support) etc.
– Experience of conducting in-depth analyses of services and processes, and working with teams to identify and implement opportunities to optimise them
– Awareness of the social and technological context for government services
– An understanding of agile approaches and experience of working in agile teams
– A recognised business analysis qualification
– Knowledge of current technologies used to build and operate digital services, and the different technical roles in a digital team.
– Experience of working with digital teams to prioritise and work to agreed minimum viable product (MVP) criteria and scope