Foundation Scientific Software Engineer (A2ZD22265)
at Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO), London
Salary: Daily Rate: Up to £650 Ltd
Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Software Engineer – Interfaces
CV Submission Deadline: 17/03/2020 @12.00
Duration: 6 Months
Daily Rate: Up to £650 Ltd
Security Clearance: SC
IR35 IN/OUT Scope: Out of Scope
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
The Interfaces Engineer role works with others to specify and develop technical requirements and implement the technical designs.
Provides technical expertise into delivery requirements; Develop, validate and review conceptual, logical and physical designs; Manage the architectural aspects of the target design, policies and standards, working pro-actively to achieve stable, viable designs.
Development/Implementation of System Interfaces for Oracle SaaS from/to third party systems being implemented.
- Oracle Integration Cloud (minimum 1 year experience).
- Oracle ERP, HCM & Payroll integration delivery using Oracle Integration Cloud
- SQL, PL-SQL
- Jenkins, GIT, SOAP, REST, XML, JSON, XSLT, SOAPUI, Postman, Cur
- Oracle SOA tools
- Oracle VBCS
- Oracle Process Cloud
- Tomcat, Weblogic, Apache
- Change/Release Process
- 5 years Development Experience
- 2 years Oracle Cloud Experience (inc. Oracle Fusion)
- 5+ years’ experience of system interfaces (predominantly on a PaaS Cloud)
- In depth knowledge of systems integration best practices and common architectural patterns.
- Hands-on with development & unit testing of integration components & web services (SOAP/REST) using OIC.
- Written and Verbal Skills
- Teamwork and Collaboration Skills
- Deep understanding of Technologies
- Definition, implementation and execution of the processes to ensure conformance to the FCO Architecture
- Security design skills
The client will be providing the infrastructure required to support the deliverables for the duration of the contract – as security restrictions dictate that only FCO Approved devices can be attached to the network
Deliverables / Work Package
Target Deliverables / outcomes
Q1-2020 Contribute to Technology Architecture
Contribute to Reference Standards (including tooling)
Q2-2020 Implement Phase 1 Interfaces v1.0
Contribute to the Delivery of the Proof of Concept
Q3-2020 R0 Delivered
Implement Phase 2 Interfaces v1.0
Completion of Interfaces on OCI “Generation 2”
Build and Test Phase Complete
Document / Deliverable, drafted, reviewed, approved and issued.
Build and embed capability and methodology within the Programme Team.
Build capability and capacity using External Suppliers / Partners
Provide data / analytics / assessment information for use across the Programme
Provide software / tools for use by the Programme
Achieve completion of a key Programme milestone
End user impact
[Ln] Signoff level required
[Ln Ln] Signoff levels required in sequence