Head of Content and Channels (A2ZD12858)
at , London
Salary: Daily Rate: £350-£400 Ltd
Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Head of Content and Channels
CV Submission Deadline: Friday 8th March @ 09.00
Duration: 3-4 months
Daily Rate: £350-£400 Ltd
Security Clearance: CTC
IR35 IN/OUT Scope: Out of Scope
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
- Be responsible for the strategy, planning and execution of digital channels and creative content to help deliver Defra group’s Policy priorities.
- Lead the planning and production of Defra’s creative content for our channels and help build capacity to create high quality, innovative and shareable content.
- Oversee and quality control the use of Defra group’s social media platforms by leading Communications staff including Press Officers and Defra Policy staff to engage with our audiences through the use of compelling text, pictures and videos.
- Support and advise the rest of Defra group Communications, using digital best practice to help shape campaign work and broader communications work. Ensure that digital content and digital insight is optimised.
- Explore new ways to drive up our social media audiences.
- Identify and build relationships to improve the distribution and targeting of content to our audiences.
- Lead the Content and Channels team, ensuring its overall strategic direction is embedded and its contribution to the business is optimised.
- Lead design procurement.
- Represent for Defra and/or for Digital Communications on cross-government and Departmental digital programme boards, steering groups and committees.
- Actively support Defra’s wider digital services and web strategy.
- Oversee operations, systems and licences for the Digital Engagement and Creative Content team, including procurement, equipment and professional development.
- Advocate effective digital engagement across Defra group and its arm’s length bodies.
- Horizon-scan internally and externally for opportunities, tools, innovations, trends and best practice as well as risks and threats.
- Partner with digital teams – including Government Digital Service – and communicators across Whitehall to share, co-create and cross-promote digital content.
- Champion digital insight and evaluation to ensure campaigns activity is evidence-based.
- Evaluate the impact of digital engagement activity (qualitative and quantitative), sharing lessons learned and using those insights to inform future work.
- First class leadership, planning and project management skills combined with influencing and relationship-building ability.
- Significant digital and creative content experience
- Experience of leading and motivating high performing digital and content teams
- Success in managing and driving delivery across the communications mix to secure outcomes.
- Effective influencing skills; is able to ‘make the case’ for creative ideas and communications plans to both secure buy in and/or sustain delivery from others.
- The ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines and carry others with them under such circumstances.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills reflecting the need to set standards for communication and provide editorial control to ensure appropriate content, messaging, tone and consistency in all communications.