Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Engineer
at AACE, South West
Location: South West
Salary: Neg, DOE
Job Type: Permanent
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
As an Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Engineer, you will be required to support customers by providing consultancy services principally covering technical aspects of ILS.
The ILS Engineer is responsible for:
- Maintaining professional currency in ILS issues through continual professional development, identification of development gaps, and undertaking appropriate training and other development opportunities.
- Undertaking all Company activity in accordance with the Company Quality Management System (QMS).
- Using technical ILS knowledge and experience together with domain knowledge to lead or provide support to:
1. Business development within the ILS capability area, particularly on non-Defence related activity.
2. Bid writing – proposal writing, producing draft ILS plans, etc.
3. Delivery of output-based contracts – including, but not limited to:
a. Providing general consultancy advice.
b. Acting as the Customer’s focal point to interface between customer, design organization, suppliers and subcontractors in respect of ILS activities, requirements and developing customer ILS Plans.
c. Analysing and reporting of ILS requirements – including engineering studies covering life cycle costs, maintenance costs, Level of Repair Analysis, etc.
d. Carrying out sensitivity studies on potential support solutions by analysing operational use, maintenance policy and through-life costs across the project life cycle.
e. Producing/revising ILS policy, plans, processes and other artefacts.
f.Implementing ILS plans
g. Attending Customer Programme, Design and ILS Reviews; to ensure ILS project drivers are fully understood, considered, and the impacts of any associated risks are reduced.
4. Fill temporary-contract (manpower substitution) roles in line with individual competence and experience.
5. Provide specialist advice to Company management and staff.
- Identifying and reporting operational and business risks and issues associated with delivery of contract outputs.
- Leading multi-disciplined teams of employees and associates to deliver contracted outputs, when required.
- Briefing the Operations Manager and/or Director on contract performance.
- Undertaking other activities at the direction of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) in support of business objectives.
The ILS engineer is expected to:
- Prioritise and manage their own workload
- Work flexibly based on the work requirements.
- Maintain and advance the good standing and reputation of the group.