Mail Distributor (x4 headcount) A2ZD22423
at MOD, South East
Location: South East
Salary: Daily Rate: Up to £97.36 via umbrella
Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Mail Distributor (x4 headcount)
CV Submission Deadline: Friday 27th March 10am
Duration: until Sept 2020
Daily Rate: Up to £97.36 via umbrella
Security Clearance: BPSS
IR35 IN/OUT Scope: IN Scope
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
The safe and secure receipt, processing and despatch of all private and official mails for HM Forces and other entitled users worldwide in compliance with all policy, performance and regulatory requirements.
Typically working 9 hrs per day (meal break inc) between 0700-1600 Mon-Fri in an industrial type environment, this is a physically demanding job requiring Mail Operatives to process packets, parcels and mail bags up to 11kgs unaided and up to 30kgs assisted.
Tasks and Deliverables:
- Unloading vehicles, receipting mails and general mail handling activities.
- Automated sorting machine operations such as Mail divert, induction, segregation and video encoding duties.
- Safe cleardown of Machine chutes, accurately assigning packets and parcels into appropriate mail bags/sacks
- Label and tie full mail bags, utilising IT systems and equipment for despatch to correct location.
- Safe movement and storage of laden and unladen caged containers
- Loading of loose mail items into haulage containers
- Use of Manual Handling Equipment for safe movement of mail / storage pallets.
- Replenish work space postal consumables as required such as Mail Bags, labels, plastic ties and bag inserts.
- Support to other Sorting Office work areas when requested.
A team player and reliable, Operators must be able to:
- Work at pace to ensure mails achieve daily despatch schedules.
- Perform tasks accurately and without supervision when trained.
- Previous mail industry, supply chain or logistic warehouse knowledge
- IT literacy and/or Microsoft Office applications.