Mechanical Design Engineer
at Allyance, Oxfordshire
Salary: Up to £60,000 (dependent on experience & qualifications)
Job Type: Permanent
Industry: Automotive Engineering
Allyance are working on a unique opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer. The role is with a young and exciting company working in the automotive industry including electric vehicle technology development.
Our client has an established and experienced team which they are growing due to a burgeoning demand for their specialist services. They are looking for an enthusiastic and flexible Engineer who would be involved with various projects including the mechanical design of various systems (including low and high voltage systems from housings) through to full complex assemblies (inc. batteries, controls and distribution systems).
The role will involve (not limited to):
- Design of various systems from simple housings to complex assemblies as well as one-off systems such as build tooling, test rigs etc
- Knowledge of designing for ease of manufacture and cost optimisation.
- Design model management and design drawing prepare and release
- Stress and thermal analysis of designs
- Support build and test of designs
- Supplier identification and management
- Documentation of all steps in the process
The company are working with various automotive clients and are involved with innovative projects including developing world leading efficiency powertrains, hybrid and electrical systems for various vehicle types and associated ancillaries (e.g. brake systems).
- Industry competitive salary: up to £60,000 (negotiable and dependent on level of qualifications and experience)
- Small and growing SME: Enjoy working as part of a close team that’s always evolving
- Specialist Technology: Working with leading edge technology
- Hands on Engineering: Working for a unique company in a specialist mechanical design role
- Continual Professional Development: Support with training, qualifications and development
- Pension and discretionary bonus
- Free onsite parking
- Flexible working
Key skills and experience required:
- Essential: HND, Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in an appropriate engineering discipline
- PLM Systems
- Mechanical Stress and Thermal Modelling
- Software Knowledge: CAD: CATIA, Solid Works (SW preferred)
System Applications: PC applications incl. Word, Excel, Viseo, Project
Name: Ryan BartlettRyan
Tel: 01173 707750