Operations Manager (A2ZD16863)
at Cabinet Office, London
Salary: Daily Rate: Up to £300 via Umbrella
Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Operations Manager
CV Submission Deadline: Friday 16 August @ 12.00
Duration: 4 Months
Daily Rate: Up to £300 via Umbrella
Security Clearance: CTC (Counter Terrorist Check)
IR35 IN/OUT Scope: in Scope
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
One of the highest priorities for the Civil Service is improving commercial capability across Government, a priority being driven by the Commercial Capability Programme (CCP).
Phase one of the Commercial Capability Programme (CCP) has been to setup the Government Commercial Organisation (GCO) that recruits, retains, develops and grows senior commercial talent, helping to drive commercial best practice and improved commercial outcomes.
Phase two of the CCP aims to expand the improvement of commercial capability across three new populations across government; (1) Commercial Leads (Grade 7s) in Central Government Departments; (2) Wider Government Bodies; (3) Contract Managers.
The business operations team sits at the heart of the Commercial Capability Programme, providing operational support across both phases enabling the internal team and its frontline services.
As the Business Operations department grows it is necessary to review the current structure, with this in mind the Operations Manager role will be expanding and requiring different capabilities and a more senior person to look after a wider remit.
To help maintain and grow this standard, we’re seeking an experienced operations manager to oversee daily activities. An ideal candidate, will have a sharp business mind and proven success managing multiple staff, and looking after a variety of training programmes. Highly skilled in decision making, effective communication with peers and senior staff, highly organised, building and sustaining relationships with customers and able to manage and develop staff. Additionally, display a proven ability to develop and maintain an environment of trust, diversity, and inclusion within the team. The ultimate responsibility is to maintain and increase our operational efficiency and quality standards in Business Operations.
- Maintain constant communication with management, staff, and customers to ensure proper delivery of the ADC – CMTA and Commercial,
- Implementation, review and manage the L&D delivery programmes.
- Review and maintain quality assurance protocols
- Grow the efficiency of existing organisational processes and procedures to enhance and sustain the organisation’s internal capacity
- Actively pursue strategic and operational objectives
- Ensure operational activities remain on time and within a defined budget
- Track staffing requirements, hiring new employees as needed
- Ensuring invoices are review and signed off in a timely way
- Lead, motivate, and support a large team within a time-sensitive and demanding environment, including setup and implementation of career development plans for all direct reports and problem resolution
- Partner with cross-functional support teams in improving the customer experience tools and systems
- Day to day link with venue and ensure the relationship is sustained to meet the expected standards
Civil Service expected behaviours for role:
- Making effective decisions
- Delivering at pace
- Managing s quality service
- Changing and Improving
- Experience of working in a business operations management role
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills when dealing with internal and external customers
- Project support/management skills
- Excellent IT skills
- People management skills
- Working within a L&D department