Procurement Unit Manager (A2ZD17102)
at Home Office, London
Salary: Daily Rate: Up to £515 via Umbrella
Job Type: Permanent
Job Title: Procurement Unit Manager
CV Submission Deadline: 11 September @ 12.00
Duration: 6 months
Daily Rate: Up to £515 via Umbrella
Security Clearance: SC
IR35 IN/OUT Scope: In Scope
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
Procurement Unit Manager working to the Head of Procurement / Procurement Programme Lead and working in conjunction with the Procurement Programme Manager
- Development and delivery for ITT development, evaluation through to Contract Award for this high profile (£20m over 5 years) critical requirement delivery of a national rollout of Independent Child Traffickers Advocates under interim guidance issues for compliance with Section 48 of Modern Slavery Act 2015.
- All procurement documentation including payment mechanism, evaluation strategy and criteria.
- Development of Procurement Strategy and commercial case.
- Liaison and gaining of approval through governance – Peer, Gateway reviews, CAB, PIC and CO.
- Running of tender process including clarifications, moderation and recommendation to award.
- Intimate working knowledge of Procurement Contract Regulations 2015 and its application for running procurements and call-offs.
- Ability to produce robust procurement strategy for high profile requirements; to develop an understanding of the supply market, category, and business context for both ongoing business and specific procurements. Provide options and opportunities from a commercial perspective looking at aspects such as requirements, solutions, risks, benefits and sustainability.
- Building of relationships with key internal and external stakeholders in order to develop a clear and agreed view on the needs of the business and target outcomes, aligning this with government initiatives where appropriate.
- Be able to articulate requirements in a Commercial case to obtain successful approval through governance ranging from peer reviews, Commercial Approvals Board (CAB), Portfolio Investment Committee (PIC), and Cabinet Office controls.
- Support the delivery of complex procurements through the management of activities such as production of financial analysis and projections, appraisal of supplier proposals, Leadership of procurement workstreams, delivering to timescales and objectives and running processes such as e-Sourcing.
Experience of running complex OJEU procurements
Proven record of obtaining approvals through governance boards
Aptitude for and capability to run high profile tender processes, project plan and manage
through to successful contract award.
Working knowledge of e-Sourcing tools such as Emptoris.
Ideally MCIPS qualified although good procurement credentials are sufficient