at Public Sector, South West
Location: South West
Salary: Competitive and dependant on experience
Job Type: Permanent
Industry: Public Sector
This role will be responsible for multiple-component workstreams, business improvement and development, product, policy reform and process excellence, cost efficiency, business change, stakeholder mapping and engagement, communications and other cross-cutting programmes across the Smart funding programme in particular, and Innovate UK in general. As Programme Manager in the Smart programme team, the post holder will work as part of a dynamic team to manage and deliver the programme, customer journey and stakeholder expectations to the highest level and quality.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
1. Reporting to the Senior Programme Manager (SPM,) lead the full end to end delivery of complex, full lifecycle of elements relating to delivery, from planning through requirements identification, benefits planning, risk register and delivery, working closely with operations, project and challenge based teams.
2. Leadership of the delivery process for a number of key elements for the programme, portfolio analysis and reporting for the SPM and budget holder, engaging senior level support as necessary.
3. Lead on analysis based evidence to support delivering the business case for new and existing programme activities as well as list the benefits and outcomes.
4. Responsible for maintaining overall integrity and coherence of assigned elements from the programme and governance framework of allocated programme activities, resolving complex issues through engagement with appropriate colleagues and access to necessary systems.
5. Responsible for updating and maintenance of the programme Continuity Folder.
6. Lead on working with key internal stakeholders, project leads and business operations for assigned programme elements to ensure dependencies are actively managed, act as an arbiter and enforcer to resolve issues between the various elements of those programme elements.
7. Lead on moderation, confirmation and assignment of funded projects to technology sectors, challenge teams, and research categories for projects, proposals and applications received by the programme.
8. Act as the day-to-day agent on behalf of the SPM ensuring successful delivery across the breadth of the programme and its project dossier.
9. Represent the SPM and other senior members of the programme as required at high-profile events and meetings, and act as a delegate during periods of absence as required.
10. Responsible for stakeholder identification and management across a complex and diverse stakeholder network, including regular, appropriate and timely communications throughout the programme.
11. Oversee risk and issue management, ensuring mitigations are in place and resolved through negotiated agreement.
12. Responsible for producing evidential reports leading to delivery of assigned elements of the programme that form parts of strategies, business case, delivery plan and programme plans. In relation to the Business Case, develop and clearance of the business case with internal and where appropriate external stakeholders including Finance and Programme Boards as required.
13. Responsible for accurate, relevant and timely reporting to enable provision of concise commentary targeted to meet stakeholder needs.
14. Manage and proactively help deliver key corporate elements of business change, internal communications and other cross-cutting programmes (eg. EDI) across the programme, driving change across Innovate UK.
15. Leadership, responsible for articulation of organisational vision and translating into business benefits and delivery objectives for any direct reports.
16. Provide direction, management and guidance on development to any direct reports and more broadly where appropriate.
17. Play an active part and key role to develop and implement continuous improvement, programme governance and effective co-ordination of assigned Smart programme activities.
18. Be a champion for continuous improvement and a supportive customer journey, not only for the project or programme but also for the wider organisation.
– Prince2 Practitioner or equivalent relevant experience
– Degree or post-graduate qualification or equivalent
– Further Programme and/or Stakeholder Management related qualifications/memberships
o Manage a significant Programme to budget and tight timelines, identify and manage a plan of benefits which supports a compelling business case
o Have significant leadership experience demonstrating success in defining and driving change programmes in large organisations
o Managing staff to deliver excellence
o Data management, extraction, analysis, reporting and presentation over a range of systems including MS
o Operating in a complex multi-organisation environment, building lasting relationships with senior and executive stakeholders both internal and external.
o Proven experience of leading and advising on strategies (communication, business delivery, risk management as well as others) and tactics specifically to support programme goals
o Experience of producing customer-friendly analysis, evidentially based reports and presenting to high level stakeholders
o Be an excellent communicator (and listener) at all levels – able to translate complexity into straightforward and simple language.
o Be dynamic and customer-centric with the ability to flourish in a high-growth, fast-paced environment.
o Articulate the vision, drive, diplomacy and have the ability to make things happen in an environment of ambiguity, complexity.
o Strong organisational, project management and the ability to manage multiple projects, deadlines and stakeholders.
o Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal.
o Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations.
o Team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others.
o A champion of customer support, organisational teamwork and Equality, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
o Excellent data interrogation, analysis and presentation