Project Manager (A2ZD15721)
at MOD, South East
Location: South East
Salary: Daily Rate: Up to £476.42 via Umbrella
Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Project Manager
CV Submission Deadline: Thursday 8th August @ 12.00
Duration: until March 2020
Daily Rate: Up to £476.42 via Umbrella
Security Clearance: SC
IR35 IN/OUT Scope: In Scope
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
Headquarters Field Army is implementing a new Operating Model where structures, functions, roles, processes, outputs, governance and management information are being reviewed, optimised and formally captured. The HQ Fd Army Operating Model Review (HQ FAOMR) commenced in May 18 and is now transitioning to the implementation phase.
This requirement is for a Project Manager. The individual must have a project leadership and management background and the confidence to engage and communicate effectively with all stakeholders including military and MOD personnel in the Field Army and Army HQ, up to and including the 2* level. The role requires the incumbent, as part of a small team, to work with authority and initiative to drive the project forward and deliver against its objectives. The individual needs strong planning and organisational skills, people and communications skills and analytical skills with a proven ability to persuade and influence senior decision-making.
The responsibilities include the following:
- As part of a small team, contribute to the routine decision-making and direction of the project.
- Introduce a robust P3M governance framework; identify and mitigate risks to project delivery.
- Production of an implementation plan, delivery of those plans and schedules to ensure all necessary preparation and execution tasks and dependencies are included. Ongoing management of those plans to achieve the delivery goals.
- Project Manage all aspects of specific work packages.
- Work with team and key stakeholders to deliver all aspects of the project to time, cost and quality. This will include delivery of allocated work packages.
- Good understanding of project management is essential.
- MSP, APMP or PRINCE2 practitioner is the minimum level of training expected.
- Experience of working in a Defence environment is highly desirable.