Project Manager (A2ZD18084)
at DSTL, South West
Location: South West
Salary: Daily Rate: Up to £548 via Umbrella
Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Project Manager
Duration: 2 years
Daily Rate: Up to £548 via Umbrella
Security Clearance: SC
IR35 IN/OUT Scope: In Scope
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
Dstl’s Facilities Management Services (FMS) is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our FMS portfolio team to contribute to the delivery of a number of infrastructure/built environment projects.
As a Senior Project Manager you will be required to take on the project management for a number of projects within a defined programme of medium to high complexity works where the outputs contribute to the provision of a safe, secure, resilient and sustainable physical infrastructure, to enable Dstl to deliver it’s science and technology, along with associated business services.
The role is accountable for driving and co-ordinating the development, definition, direction, governance and assurance of a number of infrastructure civils/mech-elec related projects to deliver the identified outcomes and benefits. Responsibilities include;
- Ensure that a tolerance is set for the project in the Project Brief
- Support the capturing of the requirements and associated business case development
- Provide assurance through setting stage tolerances and appropriate controls.
- Supporting Project Managers with the management of risks, assumptions, issues and decisions, escalating to the portfolio manager as required.
- Ensuring handover and project closure activities are appropriately conducted including the End Project Report and Lessons Learned Report to confirm benefit realisation.
- Assure and report project progress, including forecasting to support portfolio level engagement and communications
- Identify and arrange appropriate business representatives to configure Project Board Meetings
- Liaise with and effectively communicate with key delivery stakeholders from finance, commercial and the wider business to develop relationships and support successful delivery.
You will ensure that the project operates within the agreed performance, quality, time and cost envelope and adheres to corporate processes and work closely with the Portfolio Manager who will oversee the generation of project goals and monitoring of project performance.
- Experience in infrastructure/ built environment project delivery
- Mechanical/ Electrical/ Civil Engineering
- Facilities Management
- Government Project Delivery
- The ability to communicate clearly with a diverse range of people at all levels of seniority and experience, describing the measurable impact of the work;
- The skills to organise and prioritise their workload in order to deliver work to deadlines;
- Strong IT skills, including substantial experience of using Microsoft Office packages.
APM-Q or equivalent
HND and or Degree in Electrical/ Mechanical/ Civil Engineering is desirable