Project Manager (ALY930243)
at MOD, West Midlands
Location: West Midlands
Salary: Daily Rate: Up to £549 Via Umbrella
Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Project Manager
CV Submission Deadline: 15th March @15.00
Business Unit: MOD//MOD Core//Defence Infrastructure Organisation//DIO EOM Management Group//EOM Head Office
Location: West Midlands: Sutton Coldfield: Kingston Rd
Duration: 22 months
Daily Rate: Up to £549 Via Umbrella
Security Clearance: SC – Security Check
IR35 IN/Out Scope: In Scope
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
The Project Manager has day to day responsibility for the management and delivery of the Project in accordance with approved timescales or in the instance of project assurance, responsibility for assuring the outsourced project management function in line with the contracted service. The individual will be responsible for delivery or assurance of all aspects of the management of the Project as outlined below. The individual will be expected to escalate all occurrences of poor contract performance with supporting evidence. The successful delivery of the Project is governed through a structured governance regime. This will culminate in reporting to the Programme or Project Board which is chaired by the Senior Responsible Owner (SRO). The Senior Project Manager will support the SRO, in reporting all risks and issues and in presenting recommendations for consideration and approval.
- Responsible for the management and delivery of the Project in accordance with the Guidance, Processes and Procedures defined by the Programme Lead.
- Utilise effective project management techniques to ensure the Project delivers to time, cost and quality.
- Support development of procurement options to meet the stated requirement.
- Ensure draft Business Cases and Contracts are provided in a timely manner to support the approval process.
- Ensure roles and responsibilities are understood and agreed by all Project Customers/Suppliers/Stakeholders.
- Create, implement and maintain a detailed project schedule using MS Project, ensuring all tasks, responsibilities, dependencies, gates, milestones and resources are identified.
- Provide progress reporting as instructed using the standardised reporting template.
- Develop and maintain using the standardised template, detailed risk, assumption, issues, decisions and dependency registers covering all aspects of the Project and escalate risks and issues as appropriate.
- Undertake regular and routine project health checks using the standardised template to monitor project progress and escalate risks and issues through the agreed governance route.
- Proactively identify opportunities for, and implement, continuous improvement.
Experience in the delivery of projects; with particular emphasis on the management of suppliers and stakeholders
Experience of governance and risk control frameworks
Good planning and organisational skills
Strong leadership; people and communications skills
Possess strong analytical skills with a proven ability to persuade and influence senior decision-making.