at Public Sector, Milton Keynes
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: Competitive and dependant on experience
Job Type: Contract
Industry: Public Sector
To deliver the projects through various stages of the life cycle; and assist in developing the processes required to aid in the delivery of the overall project portfolio managed by the team.
This post will play a key role in the Shift2Rail (S2R) programme delivery team operating within Technical Authority’s Research, Development & Technology function.
The role will require some travel to mainland Europe, by Eurostar or airplane.
• Legislation and procedures including HMRI guidance where appropriate.
• Provide a professional, consistent and effective project management service including the use of performance indicators and project reporting systems in accordance with Railway Group and Network Rail’s company standards and guidelines.
• Manage the development and delivery of change projects in compliance with company processes and procedures.
• Manage tactical change and risks within the project life cycle for allocated schemes.
• Assist or lead in the provision of a safe working environment in the execution of managed work.
• Comply with the Investment Competence Framework.
• Manage the production of project management plans
• Manage project budgets within agreed targets
• Deliver regular progress reports on change projects, including relevant risks and issues, to the Programme Manager (Change).
• Promote and monitor the use of efficiency improvement methods.
• Disseminate lessons learnt.