Senior Analyst (A2ZD20102)
at DSTL, South East
Location: South East
Salary: Daily Rate: Up to £445 via umbrella
Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Senior Analyst
CV Submission Deadline: 10 Feb @ 09.00
Duration: 240 working days
Daily Rate: Up to £445 via umbrella
Security Clearance: SC
IR35 IN/OUT Scope: IN Scope
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
Performance in this role will be assessed within the Dstl Performance and Development Agreement process. You will be expected to:
- Support the delivery of high quality outputs in a timely fashion.
- Work effectively independently and/or effectively lead small teams.
- Communicate with staff at all levels.
- Develop and use analytical techniques to support the team.
- Develop understanding of MOD policy and capability planning processes.
- Help develop Team and individual capability through supporting the Team Leader in Continuous Professional Development (CPD) of staff.
Providing technical leadership (not line management) of small teams, in order to exploit Operational Analysis techniques across a range of capabilities to meet customer requirements.
Senior Analysts lead defined tasks and packages of work within projects, to deliver in line with the requirements set out by the Project Technical Authority. Leadership of the work includes:
- Leading and influencing others to achieve project goals; including delegation of tasks by setting clear objectives, giving constructive and timely feedback, and managing resources.
- Exploiting a wide range of Operational Analysis techniques, including simulation and modelling, to meet customer requirements.
- Developing and assisting with bespoke tools and techniques to solve challenging new problems.
- Analysing and interpreting complex data in order to formulate relevant conclusions and recommendations for our customers.
- Gaining an understanding of the systems and technologies appropriate to the Land Environment.
- Identifying links across wider projects, programmes and/or domains.
- Identifying and escalating technical risks and issues to the PM and/or Project Technical Lead.
- Writing technical and customer reports and verbally presenting results to a range of audiences (technical and non-technical).
- Effective partnering with external suppliers. Your work will involve leading small teams to deliver projects using both quantitative and qualitative techniques (e.g. running focus groups and conducting interviews with Dstl staff, military staff, customers and stakeholders) to support your analysis; presenting project results to the customer community in a form which non-scientists can understand, and writing up work into formal technical reports
- Proven ability to use a range of quantitative and qualitative analysis techniques.
- Proven ability to design and deliver analytical projects to customers.
- Ability to run bespoke models, analyse their outputs and be responsible for their outputs and maintenance.
- Ability to use technical consultancy skills to define a problem with customers using clear communication and good influencing skills.
- Proven ability to produce technical reports of findings and produce and deliver presentations. Able to provide clear explanations of complex processes to a non-technical audience.
- Competent user of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel (Pivot charts, graphs and complex formulae).
- Excellent team working skills.
- Technical leadership of small teams
- Knowledge of Defence and the Military (Specifically the Land Environment)
- An appreciation of wider Dstl capabilities