Senior Content Designer (A2ZD21034)
at MoJ, North
Salary: Daily Rate: Up to £425 via Umbrella
Job Type: Permanent
Job Title: Senior Content Designer
CV Submission Deadline: 31 Jan 12.00
Duration: 6 months
Daily Rate: Up to £425 via Umbrella
Security Clearance: SC
IR35 IN/OUT Scope: In Scope
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
The Ministry of Justice (MOJ) is looking for an experienced Senior Content Designer to develop simple, clear digital services that help citizens and staff who interact with the justice system.
You will take a high level view of how a user’s content journey maps to business processes, for both information and transaction-based services.
You will design, create and iterate content working within agile teams. You will own the content and its quality throughout a user’s journey, and be comfortable using evidence, data and research to back up your decisions.
You will work in multidisciplinary teams, alongside user researchers, interaction designers, service designers, product owners and developers. You will also be able to work independently and provide content consulting and training services if required.
You will be joining an established MOJ content team, and be expected to share knowledge, mentor others and actively participate in cross-government content groups and activities.
- creating content and developing strategies to help digital services meet user needs and business objectives, and create a clear, joined-up customer journey
- monitoring and improving content based on user feedback, research and data
- working effectively with subject matter experts, stakeholders and partners to deliver clear, relevant content
- ensuring all content assets are user-focused, accurate, optimised appropriately (e.g. for search), and meet relevant design, style and brand guidelines
- working with colleagues to understand user behaviours and data patterns to improve how services perform
- ensuring appropriate policy and legal fact checking of content and timely production and publishing
- taking an overall perspective on business issues, wider implications and long-term impact, and how content can help solve challenges
- ability to support the wider content team with peer reviews, content audits and benchmarking
- promoting user-focused content design across the MOJ, its agencies and cross-government groups
- proven track record developing content to meet user needs for digital services
- experience working collaboratively in fast-paced agile teams
- strong original writing for different topics, audience groups, purposes, styles and formats
- adept at providing simple, clear content to communicate complex issues
- experience developing content strategies or proposing content solutions to solve business challenges
- confident communicator: able to persuade; negotiate; influence; network; and work with stakeholders
- ability to get to the heart of an issue quickly and clearly, demonstrating expert knowledge in an applied setting
- knowledge of agile ways of working and user-centred content design
- experience scoping, commissioning and editing content
- excellent presentation skills with experience presenting content propositions and deliverables to business leads and stakeholders
- up to date with the latest content trends, ensuring that our solutions respond accordingly
- experience designing and developing workable content prototypes
Taking the lead, supervising or directly line managing other Content Designers, clarifying and communicating team objectives, bringing a broader perspective to a team so that it can focus on different delivery approaches. Co-ordinating and monitoring team performance, utilising team diversity to maximise effectiveness. Scoping, commissioning, writing, editing and publishing digital content across all channels (web, mobile, social media)write with a user, not a client/department in mind first and foremost. Working on needs analysis – taking existing content, identifying content gaps and overlaps. Develop transition plans and attend planning meetings with contacts, delivering content assets that are accurate, timely, high-quality (based on insight and outputs of user testing, relevant to audience, easily understood) and to the organisation’s style, monitoring the performance of content and tools and work with the Product Manager and a multi-disciplinary team to understand user behaviours and feedback.