Senior Electrical Engineer (A2ZD17570)
at MOD, West Midlands
Location: West Midlands
Salary: Daily Rate: Up to £500.00 via Umbrella
Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Senior Electrical Engineer
CV Submission Deadline: Tuesday 10th Sept @ 12.00
Location: Sutton Coldfield (can be based at other UK MOD sites, but regular travel to Sutton Coldfield required)
Duration: Until 31/03/2021
Daily Rate: Up to £500.00 via Umbrella
Security Clearance: SC
IR35 IN/OUT Scope: In Scope
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
- The provision of Subject Matter Expert (SME) support to major projects, delivery teams, and other clients on the design, installation, commissioning, and maintenance of high/low voltage distribution/generation/earthing systems;
- Incident/accident investigations and, where necessary, the preparation of Safety Alerts;
- The review and update of technical standards, policy and guidance documents to support electrical equipment and systems;
- Support to the MOD’s Senior Authorising Authority (Electrical) in managing it’s safe systems of work (SSoW) for electrical systems including: assessment of prospective Authorising Engineers; assurance activities, and the drafting of JSP 375 Pt2 Vol 3 Chapter 3 (MOD’s electrical SSoW).
- Support the delivery of Future Delivery Instructure Systems, including schedule analysis, tender appraisal, and contractor assessment.
- The review of electrical equipment/systems (HV/LV) incl. distribution/generation/earthing systems, protection and grading, and sub-station design.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of high voltage (HV) and low voltage (LV) distribution/generation/generation systems incl. their design, installations, commissioning, operation & maintenance.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the hazards associated with electricity and the principles of protection, and experience in the management of electrical safe systems of work incl. MOD’s safe system of work (JSP375 Pt2 V3).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- 1st Degree in Electrical Engineering or equiv.
- Chartered or Incorporated Electrical Eng. with membership of a professional Institution/Institute appropriate to electrical engineering.