Senior Engineer (A2ZD19584)
at Home Office, London
Salary: Daily Rate: £400 - £450 via Umbrella
Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Senior Engineer
CV Submission Deadline: 20 Nov @ 12.00
Location: Manchester or Croydon
Duration: 6 months
Daily Rate: £400 – £450 via Umbrella
Security Clearance: SC
IR35 IN/OUT Scope: In Scope
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
Maintaining tools and technologies – technology assurance liaison
Writing up tools and techniques
Updating web content
Policies and standard updates
- Work with the CTO, developers and other stakeholders to identify and prioritise our preferred tools and techniques.
- Effective communication of tools and standards
- Proof of concept outputs for new tools and standards
- Definitions of elements of tooling required to be delivered by other elements of HO
- Inputs to DDaT/CTO strategy and roadmaps
- The ability to code, test and correct services. We will not be looking for a particular technology stack in this role.
- Able to present information clearly, concisely and accurately in appropriate language, which meets the needs of the user.
- Knowledge of large scale IT delivery.
- Experience in identifying concepts and translating them into workable systems and processes, at least at the conceptual stage.
- An understanding of the other roles in software development (user research, design and architecture) and has delivered new or improved software services.
- Experience managing stakeholders’ expectations and be flexible, adapting to stakeholders’ reactions to reach consensus