Senior Operational Analyst (A2ZD21296)
at DSTL, South East
Location: South East
Salary: Daily Rate: Up to £446.28 via umbrella
Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Senior Operational Analyst
CV Submission Deadline: Thursday 20th February @ 11am
Duration: 520 working days
Daily Rate: Up to £446.28 via umbrella
Security Clearance: SC
IR35 IN/OUT Scope: In Scope
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
The Joint Enablers Group (JEG) is leading the delivery of a number of C4ISR related Capability Investigations and requires senior analyst’s to lead and or support analytical studies that will directly inform decisions in the Ministry of Defence and the Armed Forces.
The senior analyst is expected to provide robust and rigorous analysis that will underpin the MoD’s evidence based decision making. As such they will need to apply hard and soft research / analysis techniques and be able to convey their analysis to a range of customers and stakeholders. This work will offers opportunities to work with other like minded analysts as well as elements of the UK Armed Forces.
- Create impact through supporting strategic and operational decision-making by the provision of rigorous and robust analysis based on both quantitative and qualitative analysis methods, models and tools that will provide timely, impartial and evidence based advice.
- Contribute to the design, planning and execution of both qualitative and quantitative analysis approaches to support communications systems related analysis, trials and experimentation.
- Be able to define and use credible analytical Methods, Models and Tools from data and use best practice to generate reproducible work.
- Work collaboratively across Dstl and the customer community.
- Collaborate with other Group Analysts to contribute to the continuous development of the group’s analytical capability.
We are looking for individuals who have a proven track record in the delivery of analysis / research (demonstrated on their CV) and who can bring a mix of skills, including a combination of;
- Experience in the conduct of Analysis
- Experience in both Hard (quantitative) / Soft (Qualitative) analysis techniques
- Ability to shape and direct analytical studies
- Experience in Stakeholder Management and engagement
- Able to lead / manage analytical studies
- Good communications skills
- Defence Background will be beneficial
- Knowledge of C4ISR disciplines would be beneficial