Senior Operations Engineer (A2ZD9820)
at , North
Salary: Daily Rate: £400 - max £450
Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Senior Operations Engineer
CV Submission Deadline: 26 March @ 12.00
Daily Rate: £400 – max £450
Security Clearance: SC Cleared
IR35 IN/OUT Scope: Out of Scope
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
We are looking for a Project orientated Engineer (not support). Public sector experience is a must as well as using Cisco.
- Capture and analysis of network requirements that applications will place on the network, including bandwidth, latency, fault tolerance and access control.
- Design network services across L2-7 to meet application & users’ needs.
- Clearly document the high and low level network design and configuration.
- Ensure that network meets the functional and non-functional requirements.
- Creation of network configuration templates and scripts to repeatable automated deployment.
NOTE: This is a Transition role. It will be required that the candidate work with the Network Manager to achieve the knowledge transfer of projects from the exiting team in the South East, to the incoming team in the North West. This will include gaining information from existing contractors in the South East, delivering technical aspects in the North West and then achieving a successful transition of knowledge to the new Permanent staff which will be appointed from early 2019.
Travel to other locations
Croydon (Up to twice a month) also Liverpool and Southport
- Design and implementation of networking services that will support Home Office by providing a fit-for-purpose and future-proofed network.
- Network implementation across physical, virtual, cloud and containerised environments. Including the preparation of configuration and low level design documentation, the creation of run-books and other change documentation and the execution of successful technology changes.
- Experience working in Government or large and highly regulated environments.
- Over 10 years’ experience in an architectural or senior network engineering role.
- Experience working in a complex organisation including working directly with a variety and range of non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience in supporting and managing BAU engineering, and major incidents in relation to network troubleshooting.
- Experience in the design and configuration of networks in cloud environments across the OSI stack.
- Experience in configuration of stateless and statefull and next generation firewalls.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate in both verbal and written communication
- Experience working in Government or highly regulated environments.
- Network vendor formal certification
- Cloud vendor formal certification
- BSc degree or equivalent, in any field or relevant demonstrable experience