Senior Scientist (Nuclear Watch Keeper) A2ZD22378
at MOD, South East
Location: South East
Salary: Daily Rate: Up to £413.78 via umbrella
Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Senior Scientist (Nuclear watch keeper)
CV Submission Deadline: Thursday 26th March 10am
Duration: until November 2020
Daily Rate: Up to £413.78 via umbrella
Security Clearance: SC
IR35 IN/OUT Scope: In Scope
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
Will be expected to lecture in nuclear engineering and science with emphasis on Nuclear Propulsion Programme safety management, nuclear system maintenance and administration.
- Explain the science and engineering principles of Naval Reactor Plant design that support safe and effective operation.
- Explain how the Naval nuclear propulsion plant programme is managed in order to meet the relevant requirements and implement good practice.
- Explain the science and engineering principles of nuclear infrastructure design that support safe and effective nuclear activities.
- Use appropriate knowledge to explain how the Naval Reactor Plant works and how it interfaces with the holistic design of a submarine and how it interfaces with its support infrastructure.
- Describe the Defence Nuclear Programme’s nuclear safety governance arrangements and reporting structures.
- Explain the principles of the fundamentals of Nuclear Regulation and relevant good practice in the fields of nuclear safety and security.
- How Naval reactor plant systems, components and infrastructure are supported and managed whilst in-service.
- Describe How the Defence Nuclear Programme manages its defence nuclear material and irradiated fuel, including decommissioning and disposal.
- Design the optimal structure to communicate technical subject matter.
- Deliver stimulating, authoritative and engaging education in technical areas responding promptly to student feedback.
To participate in the design, development, execution and assessment of courses in Nuclear Submarine Propulsion Systems, conducted by Nuclear Faculty; To design, supervise and assess student projects.