Senior Software Engineer (Tuxedo Engineer) (A2ZD20972)
at DWP, North West
Location: North West
Salary: Daily Rate: Up to £450 per day
Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer (Tuxedo Engineer)
CV Submission Deadline: Tuesday 28th Jan 2020 12pm
Duration: 2 months
Daily Rate: Up to £450 per day
Security Clearance: BPSS
IR35 IN/OUT Scope: In Scope
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
The Project Engineer provides support or leadership in the development of the technical solution to meet the customer capability needs. They ensure that the solution is successfully integrated into the current enterprise whilst managing and minimising negative impacts. They seek to apply engineering best practice and ensure that all stakeholders are effectively managed throughout the engineering activities. They involve specialists as required and actively consider performance, safety and quality implications before making decisions. Ensure that performance, time, cost, risk and safety factors are taken into consideration when making technical decisions. Discuss and agree system design solutions with Suppliers and ensure that the inherent technical risks associated with them are understood and managed. Ensure the solution integrates into defence and manage the system boundaries and interfaces by identifying, engaging and managing specialists as required. Follow all applicable engineering standards, legisaltion, policy and guidance, ensuring that where there is deviation, the impact understood, planned and managed. Specify the technical and integration aspects in contracts Specify the technical and integration aspects in the Through Life Management Plan (TLMP) ensuring that all Defence Lines of Development (DLoDs) are addressed. Work with the Project Manager and other engineers to identify the technical stakeholders and ensure that they are identified, engaged and managed throughout the engineering activities.
- Based on the objectives & deliverables the CL is expected to review and state what they need to do to achieve the outcome using their knowledge and expertise to scope the work packages and clarify dependencies and actions.
- Overall objectives/targets are set as part of Sprint planning using industry standard Agile practices. These would include:
o By way of training for DWP resources demonstrate fixing any defects raised against the OSMP Tuxedo solution.
- Upskilling of and knowledge transfer to DWP resources.
- Review of OSMP Tuxedo architecture and components.
- Documented improvement plan for OSMP’s Tuxedo components.
- Development plan for DWP resources to be upskilled in Tuxedo.
- Develop DWP resources in the knowledge and workings, at a practical level, of Tuxedo.
- Development of knowledge articles to aid the support of the OSMP Tuxedo solution
- Experience of working in a complex, multi-strand project.
- Experience of VME systems preferred, though not essential.
- Expert in Tuxedo and associated tooling
- Expert in Tuxedo and its interaction with OPSTRAT Middleware (OSMP Framework)
- Working Knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating systems
- Oracle/SQL expertise for interrogation/update of data
- Debug tooling expertise
- Gitlab expertise for checking code out/in and packaging code releases
- Knowledge of industry standard tools – ALM for Defect Management and Jira for management of Change Requests