Service Designer (A2ZD21254)
at DWP, North
Salary: Daily Rate: Up to £450 via Umbrella
Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Service Designer
CV Submission Deadline: Wednesday 12th Feb 10am
Duration: Until 20/2/21
Daily Rate: Up to £450 via Umbrella
Security Clearance: SC preferred
IR35 IN/OUT Scope: In Scope
- At least 2 to 3 years experience as a Service Designer or Systems Thinker.
- Experience solving design and research challenges through collaboration and user participation.
- The ability to translate research insight into opportunities and solutions for service users via the application of design research methods e.g. user journeys, services mapping, prototyping etc.
- Ability to develop hands on interaction design solutions for the products that enable the service
- A diverse set of methods & tools that allow them to illustrate the opportunities to improve specific service components and touch-points.
- Appreciation for and demonstrated ability to connect design solutions to pragmatic implementation
- A belief that a focus on people is fundamental in creating inclusive policies, products and services for social impact.
- Have a design-related degree or experience on a product, interaction or UX design role.
- Define elements – layout, design patterns, controls and actions
Ideally the candidate will also:
- Have experience of working directly with front-end code to update prototypes – skills in HTML, CSS and java script aren’t essential, but all our designers learn the basics
- Be able to write for user interfaces
- Have demonstrable experience of collaborating on designs with a software engineer
- Have demonstrable experience of working in technical teams in complex environments
- Be able to manage other people’s work, including planning work and checking it to make sure it’s consistent and appropriate across products and services