Specialist Training & QA Support Engineer
at AACE, South West
Location: South West
Salary: Neg, DOE
Job Type: Permanent
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
As a Specialist Training (Trg) & Quality Assurance (QA) Support Engineer, you will be required to support customers and company employees by providing consultancy and delivery services principally covering specialist training & quality assurance.
The Specialist Trg & QA Support Engineer is responsible for:
- Maintaining professional currency in training and QA through continual professional development, identification of development gaps, and undertaking appropriate training and other development opportunities.
- Undertaking all Company activity in accordance with the Company Quality Management System (QMS).
- Using air systems maintenance, technical training, and QMS knowledge and experience together with domain knowledge to lead or provide support to:
1.Business development within the specialist training, quality management services and airworthiness compliance capability areas.
2. Bid writing – proposal writing, producing draft plans, providing resource estimates, etc.
3. Delivery of output-based contracts – including, but not limited to:
(a) Providing general consultancy advice.
(b) Provision of support to scoping and identification of training requirements, designing training solutions, delivering training and reviewing effectiveness using Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) principles.
(c) Assessing customers’ QMS and providing advice on areas for improvement within a current standard or that required to meet a new standard, eg – ISO 9001:2015 or AS9100.
(d) Undertaking 3rd party QMS audits.
(e) Providing advice to customers on areas for improvement in the fields of Mil/EASA Pt 145 and Part M/CAMO organisations and how airworthiness standards can be applied in other domains and industries.
4. Fill temporary-contract (manpower substitution) roles in line with individual competence and experience.
5. Provide specialist advice and support to Company management and staff.
- Identifying and reporting operational and business risks and issues associated with delivery of contract outputs.
- Leading multi-disciplined teams of employees and associates to deliver contracted outputs, when required.
- Briefing the Operations Manager and/or Director on contract performance.
- Undertaking other activities at the direction of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) in support of business objectives.
The Specialist Trg & QA Support Engineer is expected to:
- Prioritise and manage their own workload.
- Work flexibly based on the work requirements.
- Maintain and advance the good standing and reputation of the AACE group.