Technical Support Manager (A2ZD17606)
at Aviation Security International Operations (ASIO), London
Salary: Daily Rate: Up to £550 via Umbrella
Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Technical Support Manager
CV Submission Deadline: Thursday 12th Sept @ 15.00
Duration: 1 year
Daily Rate: Up to £550 via Umbrella
Security Clearance: SC
IR35 IN/OUT Scope: IN Scope
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
The Technical Support Manager will support the smooth running and efficiency of the OASIS systems as well as support the OASIS project manager through the continuous, agile delivery of system requirements as we move into further project phases to enhance system functionality.
This is a challenging post with considerable development opportunities in a critical area for DfT through supporting cross-Whitehall work on counter terrorism. With a positive approach to responding to change in the demands of the business and a strong track record in Agile Digital principles, the successful candidate will provide support to future phases of a challenging, fast-paced Agile Digital project within a high profile Division as well as lead on the daily management of the current system to ensure it is well maintained and supported. You therefore need to demonstrate resourcefulness and excellent problem-solving skills. The role requires highly effective organisational skills, and attention to detail to deliver a value-adding service across the whole delivery lifecycle.
For this role, the post holder must be able to engage confidently with internal stakeholders, as well as wider government and security stakeholders and will have to adopt a flexible approach to working to multiple and short deadlines. You will need excellent communication skills to develop close, working relationship with Digital Service colleagues who remain responsible for infrastructure support. Whilst some background in aviation security or counter-terrorism and border security would be an asset, training will be provided.
o Experience of building automated flows that utilise data from different applications
(like PowerApps) and integrate with other MS Applications (like Teams or SharePoint)
o Experience of working with services, triggers, actions and conditions in Flow – able to
configure and modify Flows confidently
o A good understanding of O365, it’s features, limitations
o Possibly will have worked on an O365 deployment or supported in a post-go live
capacity in a support role
o Experience with PowerApps and its use cases, in particular, for data collection using Forms.
o Understanding of how Power Apps and MS Flow link.
o Experience of working with Azure databases and understanding of Azure.
- Proven experience as an Technical Support Manager or similar role;
- Proven experience of MS Power Apps and Flow development, configuration and administration;
- Proven understanding of O365 applications, including MS Flow and SharePoint;
- Demonstrable experience of SharePoint administration;
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery;
- Ability to create scripts in SQL, Python, Perl or other language
- Aviation Security, Aviation Industry or HMG Security experience;
- Experience working in an agile delivery environment;
- Experience of using collaborative tools, i.e. JIRA, Confluence;
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management;
- Qualifications in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA));
- Working knowledge of Salesforce applications