at DWP, North West
Location: North West
Salary: Daily Rate: Up to £450 via Umbrella
Job Type: Contract
Job Title: Tester
CV Submission Deadline: 31 Jan
Duration: 6 months
Daily Rate: Up to £450 via Umbrella
Security Clearance: BPSS
IR35 IN/OUT Scope: In Scope
Key Tasks and Deliverables:
- Using Industry standard methodologies and best practice to analyse VME and VMER applications and agree/deliver appropriate testing to prove that VMER applications provide same outcomes as their VME equivalents and that new componentry works as per requirements.
- VME-R Technical Integration Testers require strong Technical skills both in VME (IDSMX, PXS etc) and on Linux (Oracle, SQL, Autosys) as role requires hand-on running of batch, backup/restore of databases, data manipulation etc. They are required in several key areas of VMER
Interface Test Team –
- focussed on technical complexities of E2E interface journeys between applications where testing can be either in SIT environments or Live environment
- focussed on Technical testing requirements for complex middleware solutions and for support on running batch within SIT Test Phase
- comparative testing of previous live batch runs using converted code to prove outcomes are the same.
- Define technical testing to be carried out under a number of different VMER test phases (SIT, EIT, Benchmark, XBT, Dress Rehearsal) where this includes on-line technical testing to prove complex integration as well as Interface testing and proving of Autosys job schedules including Gateway.
- Work with Applications Support to secure appropriate artefacts where running comparison testing against actual live runs
- Provide Test Environment Requirements and Work with Environments team to Ensure Test Environment Designs are fit for purpose and using their expertise to advise on the design and correct conventions and environment links that are required
- Pipe cleaning of Test Environments ensuring correct connections are in place using
- Execute and monitor progress on agreed batch test runs using Autosys tooling, SQL and interactive debugtooling when they determine that it is required
- Backup/restore of databases, datasets, codesfiles etc.
- Raise/track defects/re-tests for batch failures using ALM tooling
- Provide Technical support for defects to aid resolution
- Checking of expected results using comparison tooling, SQL and other tools
- Ongoing liaison with external parties to coordinate testing
- Identify and provide Knowledge Transfer for AD/AS teams
- Provide technical support to the function and integration test team. analysis of defects and environment build in order to provide solutions to support testing.
The resources bring previous experience of working in a complex multi-strand project. Due to the stretch delivery targets we are working to, VME-R requires resources with a proven track record who will be able to hit the ground running. The people we want to extend have previous experience of working in complex project environments and technical knowledge which currently DWP cannot provide. These resources are required to complete the delivery of remaining 5 applications